APPENDIX C-1 to Health Officer Order
RECREATIONAL SAFETY PROTOCOL COVID-19 PREVENTION (GOLF)
Golf Site Requirements Use of golf courses and driving ranges authorized by this Order shall comply with the following requirements:
1. All employees will be trained on proper sanitation, as outlined by the CDC.
2. Staff will regularly sanitize all touch points.
3. All employees and customers will be required to follow Federal, State, and local guidelines for social distancing, e.g., by maintaining at least 6-foot distance from others.
4. Tee reservations must be limited to four players or less, to ensure social distancing requirements can be met at all times.
5. No shared equipment.
6. Walking or single rider only on carts (unless by family members currently sheltering in the same residence).
7. Carts to be cleaned and sanitized with soap, bleach or disinfectant after after-each use.
8. Mendocino County residents only.
9. No tournament style events.
10. No private lessons, group instruction or clinics.
11. No private club cleaning by personnel.
12. Check in for round must require no physical interaction with golf site staff, who must stay six feet or more from golfers.
13. Remove hand towels, ice chests with water, seed/sand bottles, on-course bunker rakes, community tees, and scorecards and pencils.
14. Public drinking fountains and ball washers are to be covered and closed.
15. Cups must be raised, inverted or otherwise altered so that the ball can easily be picked up without touching the cup.
16. Flag sticks must be removed or designed as no touch and left in at all times.
17. Driving Range Restrictions:
a. Hitting stations will be a minimum of six feet apart.
b. Balls will be thoroughly cleaned with soap, bleach or disinfectant after each pick of the range and before they are placed back on the range.
c. All range staff attendants must wear gloves and must wear face coverings in compliance with current health officer orders.
d. Golf clubs shall not be shared or rented.
e. Range buckets must be disinfected after each golfer use.
18. Post, in areas visible to all workers, required hygienic practices including not touching face with unwashed hands or with gloves; washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use of hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, machines, shared tools, and doorknobs; covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing as well as other hygienic recommendations by the CDC.
19. Golf courses and driving ranges shall designate a site-specific COVID-19 supervisor to enforce this guidance. The designated COVID-19 supervisor shall be present on site at all times during golfing activities. The COVID19 supervisor can be an on-site worker who is designated to carry this role.