Dear Ukiah Golfers,
We are very thankful that golf has been an activity that has been allowed under the government guidelines and we want to say thank you to all Ukiah Golfers for everyone’s support during this COVID-19 crisis.
Ukiah Valley Golf Course’s primary emphasis from the onset, as we have communicated in the past, has been to make sure that our facilities and equipment are sanitized, our golfers and our employees wear masks, are kept safe, socially distanced, especially in common public areas. This is not an easy task, takes time and resources, and we appreciate everyone’s patience in working with us in our small pro shop area to create a safe environment for golf check in, where the emphasis is on golf first, followed by minimal food, snacks, drink service for consumption on the golf course or after a round of golf on the outside patio.
Despite the fact we would love the outside patio and practice green area to be a place for congregating and social gatherings, we are still not yet in normal times and therefore our focus must continue to be the same as the past few months with an emphasis on golf first, and secondly, minimal food, snacks, drinks, and outside patio seating that services our golfers and is not a place for prolonged social gatherings.
We also keenly understand that after 8 months of restrictions, people’s patience is ebbing, all are tired and look forward to getting back to normal, just as do we! However, the facts are that under Governor Newsom’s color code system we here in Mendocino County are still under the most restrictive category “purple” which means there is still widespread COVID-19 transmission in our County.
We also understand that different people see and interpret things differently. That being said we want to thank the vast majority of Ukiah Golfers for their understanding as we try to keep all of our players and staff safe, and get through these times together.
To keep all players, staff and visitors to the Ukiah Valley Golf Course safe, the following lists of requirements will be in place when you check in to play.
- Four Players per tee time only
- No Spectators
- Walking or single rider only on carts (unless by family members currently sheltering in the same residence).
- No Sharing of Clubs
- No tournament style events, group instruction or clinics
- Masks Required
- All players must maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- Hand towels, ice chests with water, seed/sand bottles, on-course bunker rakes, ball washers, community tees, scorecards and pencils, rakes for sand traps, and all on- course water stations will be removed from the course.
- Flag will be no touch and left in at all times.
- Cups will be filled to within 1 inch of the green or raised above green height to avoid reaching in the cup for the ball.
- The shops shall not allow more than 2 (two) patrons in the facility at a time, while keeping a minimum of 6 feet distance from one another.
- Only take-out food and beverages services allowed.
- No indoor or outdoor seating.
- Customers will be required to wear facial coverings while in the pro shop.
- The patio will be limited to 16 people with masks required at all times when not eating or drinking. Please no congregating or social gathering.
- There is to be no gathering or congregating after your golf round.
- Golf clubs shall not be shared or rented.
- Book online or by phone
- Book by phone/prepay
- Pay at Course (CARD PAYMENT ONLY
Besides talking to our staff, please feel free to contact Tami Bartolomei, the Office of Emergency Management Coordinator for the city of Ukiah at 707-467-5765, if you have any questions regarding our following of the State guidelines that are in place and we continue to operate under.
Ukiah Valley Golf Course